- Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 6:00pmGet Lit!Neubacher Shor Contemporary Gallery
- Thursday, May 1, 2014 - 7:00pmAn Evening with David SibleyEvergreen Brickworks
- Sunday, May 4, 2014 - 10:00amGlobe and Mail/Ben McNally Books Authors' Brunch
- Sunday, June 1, 2014 - 10:00amGlobe and Mail/Ben McNally Books Authors' Brunch
- Monday, June 2, 2014 - 6:30pmDinner with William Rosengrano
Welcome to Ben McNally Books
Happy Easter! We'll be devouring our chocolate eggs and rabbits and chickens all weekend, so the store will be closed this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We'll be open again Monday morning, once we've recovered from ingesting all that sugar.
April is Poetry Month, so here's a poem
The Furtive Visit
We opened the foxed pages of our hearts
back, further back, and let them stand,
climbed through mild rain to the nippled pond,
clung in a wet embrace, then drew apart.
I watched the tailights judder as you took
the downhill elbows of the mudslicked lane
minutes shy of midnight. Not again,
I thought, whistling the dogs back in,
the rain now picking up its steady redirect.
from And Short the Season
Why not read a poem to someone you love? It's April.
Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday (except long weekends) 11-5. Closed Sunday.
The Bay Street bus stops at our door.