- Saturday, February 13, 2016 - 3:00pmThe Audacity of Hoop by Alexander WolffBen McNally Books
- Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 6:30pmOne Hit Wonders by Patrick Warner: LaunchBen McNally Books
- Sunday, March 6, 2016 - 10:00am2016 RBC Taylor Prize Shortlist Globe & Mail/Ben McNally Books & Brunch
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016 - 6:00pmThe Fine Print Presents 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona AwadThe Dora Keogh
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 6:00pmDinner with Ingrid Carlberggrano
- Sunday, April 3, 2016 - 10:00amGlobe & Mail/Ben McNally Books & Brunch
The Fine Print Presents Andrew Kaufman's Born Weird
The Dora Keogh
Born Weird by Andrew Kaufman
Random House Canada
The Weirds have always been a little off, but not one of them ever suspected that they'd been cursed by their grandmother.
At the moment of the births of her five grandchildren Annie Weird gave each one a special power. Richard, the oldest, always keeps safe; Abba always has hope; Lucy is never lost and Kent can beat anyone in a fight. As for Angie, she always forgives, instantly. But over the years these so-called blessings ended up ruining their lives.
Now Annie is dying and she has one last task for Angie: gather her far-flung brothers and sisters and assemble them in her grandmother's hospital room so that at the moment of her death, she can lift these blessings-turned-curses. And Angie has just two weeks to do it.
What follows is a quest like no other, tearing up highways and racing through airports, from a sketchy Winnipeg nursing home to the small island kingdom of Upliffta, from the family's crumbling ancestral Toronto mansion to a motel called Love. And there is also the search for the answer to the greatest family mystery of all: what really happened to their father, whose maroon Maserati was fished out of a lake so many years ago?
Andrew Kaufman is the author of All My Friends Are Superheroes, The Tiny Wife, and The Waterproof Bible. He was born in Wingham, Ontario, the birthplace of Alice Munro, making him the second-best writer from a town of 3000. His work has been published in 11 countries and translated into 9 languages. He is also an accomplished screenwriter and lives in Toronto with his wife and their 2 children.