- Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 6:30pmYou're Not Dead Until You're Forgotten: A Memoir by John Dunning & Bill BrownsteinBen McNally Books
- Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:00amGlobe and Mail/Ben McNally Books Authors' Brunch
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 6:30pmDinner with David Mitchellgrano
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 6:30pmDinner with Allan Levinegrano
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 6:00pmDinner with Ann-Marie MacDonaldgrano
- Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 10:00amGlobe and Mail/Ben McNally Books Authors' Brunch
Free Falling. As If In a Dream
With the publication this month of Free Falling, As If In a Dream English speaking readers can finally read, in its entirety, one of the most ambitious literary police procedurals ever crafted.
This is a fictionalized account of the assassination of Swedish Prime Minister Olaf Palme and the subsequent bungled and compromised investigation into it, told from inside the Swedish Police Services.
The trilogy started with Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End, continued with Another Time, Another Life and now comes to a conclusion with the publication of the translation of the new book.
This is as murky and tangled a tale as you could ever hope to encounter, marked by infighting, incompetence, malfeasance, political expediency, drunkenness, debauchery and drama. At heart though, it remains the story of an honest, incorruptible man and a resolute quest for justice.
This is a story told with consummate craft and intelligence, with a firm grip on events and personalities, and with an obvious knowledge of the machinations of bureaucracy at its most obdurate.From the copshop to the Cabinet Office the characters and motivations consistently ring true.
The assassination of Olaf Palme remains an unsolved crime. This magisterial and intensely compelling trilogy may finally put the mystery to rest.
- A Partial History of Lost Causes by Jennifer Dubois
- Age of Greed by Jeff Madrick
- Annie's Ghosts by Steve Luxenberg
- Day for Night by Frederick Reiken
- House of Cards by William D. Cohan
- In Europe by Geert Mak
- Paradise Lost by Giles Milton
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- The (Complete) Story of a Crime
- The Darkroom of Damocles by W.F. Hermans
- The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
- Travels With Herodotus by Ryszard Kapuscinski
- Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd